Sunday, November 8, 2009

My one-day, maybe, possibly, we'll see, Talent :)

I was watching this funny little show the other day called, damn, forgot...obviously the show didn't stick in my mind, but it did get me thinking...

So there they are...five, or six, ladies standing on the stage. They have already done the swimsuite competition, and the evening gowns have yet to be worn across the brightly lit stage, but first...the talent competition. My stomache drops and I comtemplate changing the channel for the sake of baring them one more peson watching them attempt to spread their talent on the world, but usually it's not so much spread as it is splatter, then smudge, then step on the ears or eyes of every human watching.

But remember...it does get me thinking....
What the heck is my talent? Was I born talentless? Is there such thing as being born without a talent? Ofcourse there are...look at most of the girls in the show. Are people born with talents, or do they learn the talent? Am I too old, almost 27!, to learn a new talent? If so, shouldn't my talent just find me if I was born to do it? If this theory is right, then where there heck is it and why hasn't it knocked on my door yet?
"Hello, Jennifer...this is your talent! So happy to finally have met ya! I was suppose to be here, well, about twenty years ago, but stuff happens...you know". Do you smack your talent in the face and tell him to bugger off...let's face it, I'de do it to Mark if he left me waiting for that long! or do you fall the to the knees of talent and quietly shed a single tear...whilst whiping it away with one finger...then whisper "thank you, talent, thank you".
Me. I'de probably just slam the door in talents face and laugh on the other side. Why? No one leaves me waiting that long.
I do wonder if it will happen one day though. Sometimes I think about the people that some how found theres. Americas Got Talent...seen that one. Some people have talents of dancing, some singing, puppetry, music, bending funny, jumping through fire and some even shoving nails up their nose. My god, even port stars found their talent...but not me...

That is okay though, because when it comes down to it. I don't need a talent, though it would be nice :) and I don't need to be extra special at something, because I'm extra special myself and don't need a talent to make up for my lack of special :P and because I'm darn happy being me :)


The craziness of it all is just that. Crazy.

2 comments:

  1. You know what Jen??? A talent isn't just something that can be preformed on a stage! I will tell you an obvious talent that you have that not everyone has, and I hope it is ok to say... but you are a talented mother! You do so many neat things with them and spend so much time with them. Not many moms can do that... and the things you decide to do with your girls is so creative! I always read your FB statuses and want to do more with my girls.

    I know you have more too. Maybe these aren't things that can be performed on stage and would interest people ina crowd, but your talent as a mother is unbelievable and is more important tha any trumpet playing, puppet talking, dancing, singing, fire jumping, bendy person out there! Trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with Becky. Not only that, but you cook amazing treats and you can sew too. Those are all talents that you have. I think three is plenty, don't you ;)

    ReplyDelete